My own worldview is that the reason we are put on earth is what we make of it. We have no pre-destined life that we have no control over, but the choices, decisions, and actions we make lead us to what we are as people and we make what we will of it. An individual’s personal worldview shapes the way they see themselves, others and the world. This is especially true for how I feel about my own worldview
How might you connect world view, ideology, identity, and a personal perspective, and or differentiate between them?
Worldview is connected to ideology in the way that
Furthermore, ideology connects to how we identify ourselves as people and how we see each other and ourselves. E.g the ideology of beauty and
It then narrows down to our each and own personal perspective and how we
You get your sense of belonging in relation to others who share a set of values, beliefs and a way of being in the world, can you identify some aspects of the collective world view that marginalise or subordinate other world views?
If your world view is dominant and/or the most widely accepted and unchallenged world view, what might it be like if your world view became marginalised or, un-noticed or a disregarded world view?
- How might the dominant worldview see you and expect you to live out your life?
The dominant worldview of women’s role of staying home and bearing children expects me to fufil that role as I am a woman.
- Return to Sheilagh Walker text ‘Writing from the gut Kia tau the rangimarie as she offers a worldview and perspective on academia. Now, what would you say about her worldview/argument?
- What might Mirzoeff’s worldview be?
- What would you say if you were to argue that one’s view has a part to play in the construction of a visual text and reading a visual text differently?
n a 100-250 word paragraph for a Blog Post discusses how a visual text can be constructed and read differently considering ‘world view’, ‘ideology’, and ‘the myth of photographic truth’. You might want to refer to the questions below as prompts for a draft of your paragraph, and you can refer to visual texts.
1. Howmight‘worldview’,‘ideology’,and ‘the myth of photographic truth’ relate to each other?
Worldview, ideology and the myth of photogrpahic truth all relate to each other. Ones World view can be influenced by existing ideologies
2. How might they be considered when critically evaluating the producer of a visual text?
3. How might the ideas be considered when critically evaluating the audience of a visual text?
4. How might a visual text represent,affirm,normalise,and promote a dominant worldview?
(Cite all source material–in-text citations and bibliographic citations: MLA captions; MLA in-text referencing for online sources, lecture presentations, video presentation).
Reflect on how these ideas might influence your thinking and make as an artist, designer or photographer?
These ideas may influence me and my thinking as a designer as I will be more
Briefly 6 posts will be:
- Mind Map best from I/S weeks 4-7
2. Independent study tasks (2x)
Wk 4 – Task 4a Video Review
-Independent study, week 7/ task 2
-Reflection on the paper from independent study week 6
-Toolkit from independent study week 8
Consider this weeks lecture presentations and view one of the 3 videos on Stream/237 130/ Wk 5/ Visual Literacy and Analysis: Video Presentations.
Task: Critically consider ideas discussed from the above texts and lecture presentations. Add these to your Mind Map or Word Cloud from Wk 4 .Task 3D.
The idea i have chosen from this weeks presentation and video is
This relates to one of my visual texts that I will refer to in my essay because